0

Caryn Franklin AGAIN @Ravensbourne

Posted on 15 November 2013

This morning I had a delightful lecture given by Caryn Franklin about All Walks campaign Mix it Up!. It's not hard to tell that Caryn has experience a lot in the past 35 years, since she first came to fashion industry knowing less about it, than I know now. We as human beings all have dreams and majority of the times it relates with fashion and brands. Fashion industry is selling dreams for us of how it suppose to be and we starting to think "yea, I need this, I'm not good enough. I mean, look at these models and how perfect they always look". Sadly we all at the back of the our heads know that those girls are not real, that this type of 'beauty' doesn't exist. Adverts like D&G did with military man and boneless nude female model don't send any positive messages and makes me think, what the hell the whole team of people involve in it was thinking? 
Because of people like Caryn Franklin we could see changes, not because she all by herself are making it, because of how she delivers message the students and as well industry people to see fashion in different way and don't really think just about people in front of camera but same importantly about people behind it. 
I use this little occasion and have my first photo with famous and inspiring person - one and only - Caryn Franklin. Maybe I don't look like in my prettiest but oh well... 

 

Discussion

Leave a response

Search My Blog